Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 23, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (6)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
    *****

    This week I have been reading Tithe by Holly Black. Not going to lie, it is pretty awesome. Here is my teaser:

    "Long, low tables were heaped with golden pears, chestnuts, bowls of bread soaking in buttery milk, pomegranates ripped in half and half again, violet petals on crystal plates, and all manner of strange delicacies. Wide silver goblets sat like toads on the tables, upright and overturned in equal proportion. Scarlet-clad faerie ladies brushed past men in torn rags, and courtiers danced with crones."

    ~p.143, Chapter 7

    Definitely enjoying this one so far! What is everyone else reading this week?

    11 comments:

    1. OOOHHH! You posted a cool cover for the book! I love it.

      Angie

      XOXO Angela's Anxious Life

      ReplyDelete
    2. cool teaser. this book looks awesome! -added to TBR list-

      check out my teaser: http://youraveragebookworms.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesdays-11.html

      ReplyDelete
    3. This one sounds great!

      Mine is @ http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

      Have a great week.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Great cover and teaser! I love the pointy ears.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Such a great teasser! Wanna know more!!Another novel to check out?!. I really like teaser tuesdays!

      Here is my Teaser Tuesday: Caribou Island by David Vann post!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Wonderful teaser. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesdays-the-beach-trees.html

      ReplyDelete
    7. Great teaser. I loved this book it might be due for a re-read soon.
      Sally.
      http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesday-20.html

      ReplyDelete
    8. Wow, this sounds great! Thanks for sharing:)

      Here's my Teaser Tuesday from Ultraviolet by R.J. Anderson. Happy Reading! Jen

      ReplyDelete
    9. Hey LC,
      I love your blog and I've given you an award!
      http://laurenstvtotebookbag.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-first-blog-award.html

      ReplyDelete

    Your comments make me happy :)

    Creative Commons License