Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (9)


For those who don't know, Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly book meme where we get to let everyone know about what books we are eagerly anticipating the release of. WoW is hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. Want to participate? Grab the logo on her page, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link on her blog!

*****
This week's WoW book is called The Sharp Time by Mary O'Connell. It sounds pretty awesome! Here is a description from Amazon:

Release Date: November 8, 2011
Pages: 240
Summary: Sandinista Jones is a high school senior with a punk rock name and a broken heart. The death of her single mother has left Sandinista alone in the world, subject to the random vulnerability of everyday life. When the school system lets her down, her grief and instability intensify, and she ponders a violent act of revenge.
 

Still, in the midst of her crisis, she gets a job at The Pale Circus, a funky vintage clothing shop, and finds friendship and camaraderie with her coworker, a boy struggling with his own secrets.
Even as Sandinista sees the failures of those with power and authority, she's offered the chance to survive through the redemptive power of friendship. Now she must choose between faith and forgiveness or violence and vengeance.


*****
I really like the intense-sounding themes that this book addresses, and I am hoping it is going to be one of those really good, thought-provoking reads...

So what is everyone else looking forward to this week??

15 comments:

  1. This looks pretty interesting; might need to pick this up. I would love if you checked out my WoW too!

    Btw, LOVE THE BLOG... I am not sure if we're fellow followers, but I follow you!

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds funky, and hopefully redemptive, too. I'm not won over by the cover art, unfortunately. Nice pick!

    If you'd like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really good. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of this, I've just added it to my TBR. It'll give me a change from all of the paranormal.

    Here's my WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sound of this book as well. And the cover is just gorgeous! Great pick :)

    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like an awesome book. Love the summary.
    Ange @ Moonlight Reader

    My WoW: http://ange-moonlightreader.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This does sound good! Seems really dark though.

    New follower!

    Rie @ Mission to Read

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one sounds captivating...hope you enjoy it!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds good!! Thanks for sharing ;)

    Here's mine:
    http://madamedsboudoir.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks and sounds amazing. Can't wait for its release. Hope it's as good as it looks. Nice pick :)

    Here's my WoW

    Amy@adumbrations (new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one sounds really awesome - it's on my wishlist.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds good, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm marking this one as to-read on goodreads... it sounds positively awesome! Such a unique and promising premise. :)

    Kat @ A Myriad of Books

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great choice!

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy :)

Creative Commons License