Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, December 26, 2011

The reason I haven't been blogging lately...

Hi Everyone!!

OK, so as some of you might have noticed (or maybe not, with how busy you are!) I have not been posting nearly as often as I usually do.

This is because a couple of weeks ago I decided to get myself a puppy! Her name is Sophie and she is a Pekingese-Pomeranian mix. At 11 weeks old, she is extremely curious and full of puppy energy and she has definitely been keeping me busy. Because of this, I have not had much time to devote to reading and reviewing.



Now, before Sophie arrived home, my typical day went something like this:

10:00am: Wake up (nope, I'm not joking, I don't have to work until 4pm so I slept in a lot!)
10:30am: Take a shower and get dressed
11:00pm: Go to Starbucks, get coffee and read for a few hours
4:00pm: Go into work
9:30pm: Get home, read and blog for a couple hours

Things are a bit different with a puppy around! My typical day now is something like this (and also, I'm off work for a couple weeks, so this is without that added in!):

2:00am: Take Sophie out to potty
5:30am: Take Sophie out to potty again
8:00am: Take Sophie out... you guessed it! To potty again
8:10am: Get Sophie breakfast
8:25am: Take Sophie for a walk
9:00am: Put Sophie in kennel for a nap while I get ready for the day
10:00am: Play with Sophie
12:00pm: Get Sophie lunch
12:00-5:00pm: Couple more potty breaks and playing with naps in between
7:00pm: Get Sophie dinner, take outside, back in to chill out
10:00pm: Bedtime!


In between of course there is some down time to read, but it isn't like I can just hang out at Starbucks with a triple grande Caramel Brulee latte and read for hours on end like I used to. Plus, with the holidays, things have been even more hectic, so her schedule and mine has been messed up and she's been pretty fussy... I have had a dog before, but I am really trying to train and raise Sophie to be an awesome, happy dog, so when I do have time to read lately, it has been to read doggy training books, such as the following:




As you can see, I pretty much swear by Cesar Millan, AKA "The Dog Whisperer's" methods of doing things, and Sophie so far has been pretty good at following along! As we both get into more of a routine, I'm hoping to have more time to devote to reading and my blog, but I wanted to give all my lovely readers an update on what has been going on! And of course, I had to show you guys just how stinking CUTE she is! She is very well-behaved and even sat still long enough for me to take a few photos of her next to some ARCs :)

Haha, I think she was wondering, "Why is Mommy making me sit next to a stack of books?!" 

Hoping all of you are having a great holiday! And as always, Happy Reading :)

Photobucket

50 comments:

  1. Very cute! Dogs are such hard work, especially at first. But if you spend the time now, it will all be worth it when you reap the benefits of a well-behaved dog! Good luck and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Annette! Yes, I am definitely trying to raise a loved but disciplined pup ;) She is a good girl, but needs tons of time and attention! I will have to post some pics of her in my FF or IMM posts in the future :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute...soon you will be able to read again with Sophie sitting beside you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I have your puppy? she is so cute! ^_^.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable little puppy. He looks like he is pretty well behaved. Hopefully you will get some reading time again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is adorable! & this is coming from a person who doesn't like dogs at all. Hopefully you can get more time for yourself when she's more trained grown up:D The last picture is priceless, I think she really is saying that xD

    Racquel @ The Book Barbies
    -thank you&come again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww she is so adorable! i love her. I want to hug her. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cutie!! And Cesar is a great guy to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omw she's ADORABLE!!!! SOOOO Cute!!! I just want to hug her! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is adorable. I am excited to see what you think of Of Poseidon. Hope you have a fun time training your new puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable puppy! I adore dogs. If I could have ten dogs I would. Alas, I live in a condo and two dogs is all we can tolerate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's SO cute. Such a cool mix of breeds :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG so adorable(: I love puppies and I was wondering what kind of job do you have? thats awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute:) I want that puppy! Tell Sophie she's adorable, and she (and hopefully the books next to her) can fit in my bag...I just need to know your adress!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You need to include her in your IMMs. I want to watch her grow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. AWWWW my goodness! She is ADORA-freaking-BLE!!!

    Miss you Lea!! <3

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  17. I remember those days. My lab mix was SUCH a handful but super cute so she was forgiven. :) Enjoy your time with your puppy. And I agree with Kara. I want to watch her grow! (next to a stack of books. LOL)

    ♥ Trish
    Just a YA Girl

    ReplyDelete
  18. How lovely! Congrats on getting a dog...she is so previous. It's a lot of work but very fulfilling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. She's adorable. Once housebroken she'll be much better and plenty of time for reading. Even more when shes older and wants to sleep in too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I did notice and omg, she's so cute! I know the schedule definitely changes with a dog and puppy especially! And we were four in the family helping out when we got ours, lol. But it's worth it! I admire you for going to Cesar's books for help too and really going in for it! I know we've had some different movies and books, but it's hard to manage everything still, lol. Good luck with your cutie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. She's adorable! Dogs can be so distracting can't they? Mine not even a puppy and I still find that she takes up a huge amount of time (just cus I can't resist petting her!). Good luck getting her to a more regular (later) potty schedule! lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aww! She's so CUTE! And LUCKY! You have "Of Poseidon"! Hey, once you're done with it, do you think we could trade? :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. She is just so ADORABLE!!!! nawwww

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awww she is so cute! I remember I had to always to out my dog when she was a puppy to go potty! :) I hope you get to go back to reading!
    -Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  25. She is the cutest little thing! Have fun with her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sophie is so cute! And I had been wondering where you were hiding...glad to know you're good and enjoying the newest member of your family! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am impressed that the dog sat next to the books at all! My dogs would have either (1) tried to eat the books, or (2) peed on them. Depending on which dog was next to the stack. =) The male has a complex.

    I see some nice books in that stack too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. She is so flipping cute, it isnt even fair!! But I know puppies are A LOT of work. My roommate and I fostered two tiny puppies a few weeks ago and they took up all of our combined free time and then some. Plus it was during finals week so it was extra inconvenient haha

    But enjoy your new puppy :)

    give her a hug for me!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ahhhh! She is SO CUTE! Lucky you have a good excuse for not posting :P
    Meanwhile, The Selection, Of Poseidon, Glimmer AND Article 5? I'm so jealous!
    Lucky lucky you!

    Taneika @ Flipping Through the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a cute girl! Awwee she is a good reason to have to slow down reading! And that stack of ARC make me jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. A good reason to need a little extra time. Sophie is very cute. Best of luck with her.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awww! But isnt she worth it? Happy New Year to you and Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  33. tooooo cute!! Well Happy New Year to you both!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congrats on the new puppy. Sophie is adorable! And goodluck on the potty training. Recommendation: don't use puppy pads. Every experience I've had, the dog uses the pad but gets hooked strictly on them alone, in the first spot you place them. I've had my latest dog for a year now, and she still uses the pads, but goes outside when we take her. She wont hold it. Lol.... Hope you have better luck!

    Anyway, just wanted to stop by and tell you about my new blog home @ www.gabbynesiba.com. Hope you are able to stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my! Sophia is soooo uber cute! Gosh, I can't wait until we're able to get an animal. My 9 month old LOVES dogs. Congrats on Sophia. =) Hope to see more pictures of her soon.

    My mom has two toy Pomeranians. I grew up with them. Kind of. Well, spent the last 10 years with them that I lived at my mom's. I'll have to e-mail you later on and ask you how she acts. My husband HATES my mom's dogs. =( They bark a lot. But maybe he'd go for a mix.

    Now you have a reading snuggle buddy. =D

    ReplyDelete
  36. Well, if that isn't the cutest reason for lack of reading- and blogging time, I don't know what is! Good luck with (potty)training and cuddling her!

    Btw, I also want to say your blog looks amazing! I love the whole idea and set-up! Did you think of those pics yourself, and are you in them as well? Very original and professional and fairytale like and you know, AWESOME!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Awwwww!!! I want to puppynap!!!
    So cuteee ! =)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I know this is totally random but I noticed in the pile of books there was The Selection, by Kiera Cass. I got that book too!! Have you read it yet?! (:

    ReplyDelete
  39. Aww, she is absolutely gorgeous!! I was wondering where you have been.

    Sharon @ Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  40. She is so freakin cute! I love me some puppies :) My hubby and I will be getting a puppy at the end of February, one of my sister's dog's puppies. Can't wait! Happy Reading and Fetching :D

    ReplyDelete
  41. I want your puppy :) You can have my dog. He's old xD Great blog! New follower.

    Bri @ Kindling the Fire

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh My. She's so adorable!!! I have a maltese yorkie mix and he's definitely happy (perhaps a bit too much) He attacks everything. Socks, slippers, my poor poor uggs, my computer, books, paper, remotes, telephones, and just everything. I'm about to get him into training so he'll listen a bit better when I tell him to do stuff. Good luck and happy training!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy :)

Creative Commons License